Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Green Geeks abusing user privacy again?

I just got an email from ix-Webhosting my previous webhost provider that responds server-request fastest within 5-15 secondes
This is one day after they cancelled my account, what a strange coincidence, somebody changing my login of my previous provider, just after I had to provide information for Greengeeks fraudulent site migration service! Until now, nobody else had my login exept me, hmmmm

Dear xxxxx,

Your login email address was changed from xxx to host@xxxx.
This update was made at 2011-05-10 18:07:13 UTC based on a request we received from IP: 80.79.125.143

If was not your change feel free to contact us 24 / 7 via our toll
free phone number at 1-800-385-0450 or via Live Chat at https://manage.ixwebhosting.com/index.php/utils.livechat.

If was your own change, please disregard this email.

Kind Regards,
---------------------------------------
Billing System
IX Web Hosting
https://www.ixwebhosting.com

------------------
Looking up that IP I got to estonia, probably it is not a fixed IP, I will update this post, if I get another result for same ip tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment