Monday, May 9, 2011

Greengeeks Site Migration fraud?

After waiting at least 3 days now I got the following answer to my migration request today:

Hello xxx,

There is nothing you can do to expedite the migration, your previous provider only allows a few files to transfer via shell at a time, which caused this to be slower then normal. At this time all website files have been migrated along with a database that was easily available to locate. Please let us know if there are any other databases required for your website.

Thank you and have a great day,

Josh xxxx
GreenGeeks Support Manager
support@greengeeks.com

****
TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH GREENGEEKS:
http://www.greengeeks.com/why-us/testimonials_submit.php
****

Ticket Details
===================
Ticket ID: CJN-998123
Department: Site Migrations
Priority: High
Status: Closed

--------------------------------------------------
So what for did I gave them my FTP-Login then? How about the other Domains I have one that hosting account? Also Homepage still brakes exept landing page, and protected files, remain to be unprotected. Looks like that their Site Migration Service is a total scam. Anyhow, I am replaying to their Mail.


Dear customer support team,

thanks you for your information. I feel a little disappointed about your promise to migrate from my previous Webhoster:
1. You did not even finish first of my domains and Website that remain on my previous provider (website brakes down as soon I fire something else then homepage, cant call my subfolder aplications, like xxx or xxx, that are powered by some xxx and xxx script)
2.You made public protected information I had on my previous provider and did not even take care about security after I advised you about that issue.
3. by no means I got any helpful response within 48 hours as stated on your webpage.
4. You just closed the issue, without a solution to your promise

As you can easily see after the login on my previous provider I do have more files, domains and databases. Anyhow not to loose more time, I feel urged myself to start migration process. If you intend to do anything for your reputation let me know, as mentioned before I am publishing this conversation on http://greengeeksindependentreview.blogspot.com/ to protect further honourable and potential customers from misleading information that seems so common in hosting industry.

Thanks for your understanding

best

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment