Monday, May 9, 2011

Is publishing facts against Greengeeks Terms of Service?

Shortly after mail last mail to Greengeeks, I got called by them 3 times within two minutes. In order not to be able to call them back, they send your own phone-number as reply-adress, which made myself sure, that I got called from them! Unfortunately I was not able to answer that time, since I was in an important meeting, so they wrote me following email:

Hello xxxx,

You can certainly post what you wish on your blogspot account. As per our site migration policy we migrate over your Main Domains website. Which is your xxxxxxx all other websites you would be required to migrate yourself. Full details on this was provided to you and is found in our knowledge base at:
http://greengeeks.com/kb/idx.php/0/128/article/Site-Migration-Instructions-Shared-Hosting.html

As mentioned we migrated over the website and tested which works. Your xxxxx database was migrated and we asked what other databases you had that needed migrating for your xxxxxx website.

It seems to be however that you wish to cause problems instead of working with our support department, so I have requested our billing team issue a full refund on your account at which time we will terminate your hosting services with us. A full backup of what has been migrated is below and will be available for 48hrs:
http://dl.websitehostserver.net/xxxx.gz

I wish you the best with your future hosting endeavours.

Thank you and have a great day,

Josh Dargie
GreenGeeks Support Manager
support@greengeeks.com

****
TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH GREENGEEKS:
http://www.greengeeks.com/why-us/testimonials_submit.php
****

Ticket Details
===================
Ticket ID: CJN-998123
Department: Site Migrations
Priority: High
Status: Waiting on Customer

---------------------------------------------------------------

Very interesting fact as you can read by yourself, the shown website neither its subside make any statements about the number of domains/folder they will transfer for you. Also googling for Greengeeks Main Domain Transfer will bring you any public information about that. Please try it and proove that any detail on the blog is not fact!

A little sad about the time invested on them I replied:

-------------------------

Dear Support team, Hello xxxx,

I am very sorry, that I was not able to answer your phone call, I already tried to call you back, but unfortunately I had a little bad luck with my batterie and Justvoip-Service. Please give me chance to explain myself better:

You can certainly post what you wish on your blogspot account.
As per our site migration policy we migrate over your Main Domains website. Which is your xxxx all other websites you would be required to migrate yourself. Full details on this was provided to you and is found in our knowledge base at:
http://greengeeks.com/kb/idx.php/0/128/article/Site-Migration-Instructions-Shared-Hosting.html


First I want to make clear that first reason of my blog was to have record since mail transcript of chat did not work on my trials. I never intended to publish anything else but the truth, your terms of service states ... Customer agrees not to post false or inaccurate information to news groups in violation of the news groups rules and regulations ... and I read that very well.

As my friend sittings next to confirms on the links provided, the word Main Domain cannot be found on your linked webpage, neither on its subpage for shared hosting, however I would be able to migrate my other domains by myself if I have you ok, not to interfere with my created ticket.

As mentioned we migrated over the website and tested which works. Your xxxx database was migrated and we asked what other databases you had that needed migrating for your xxxxx website.

Exactly, my point was, that going from homepage to a subpage like http://xxxxx throws an 404, for some reason it looks like .htaccess files are not the same as on my previous host, which let also to loss of password protection of some (confidential) files.

It seems to be however that you wish to cause problems instead of working with our support department, so I have requested our billing team issue a full refund on your account at which time we will terminate your hosting services with us. A full backup of what has been migrated is below and will be available for 48hrs:
http://dl.websitehostserver.net/cpmove-xxxx.tar.gz



I am sad to read that, I really would prefer to tell people, I have the best web hosting company in the world. If there is anything I can do to support you better or any information from my site, not right or provable, let me know. I can assure to respond any inquiry via mail within 12 hours and also confirm any fixed time, I would be available via phone.

Otherwise I would like to remind you, that we made a contract and kindly ask to full fill your terms and conditions.

Thank you for your understanding, initiative and efforts Dave.

best

No comments:

Post a Comment